Monday, June 8, 2009 | 7:41 PM
Hello Singapore and Malaysia Developers. e27 and Google are back with a BANG with another Hackathon right here in Singapore. Have you ever wanted to build:
- Map-based applications and wondered where to start from?
- A simple application and wondered how to achieve low cost scaling?
- To make your application more "social"?
- To Enable your web site visitors to talk to each other and build a community?
- Or are you simply interested in cool technologies?
If your answer to any of the above is a YES, you should attend this event!
This will be a half-day event where you will get to interact with Google's Developer Advocates visiting from San Francisco and Sydney. Patrick Chanezon and Pamela Fox live and breathe OpenSocial, Google Friend Connect, Google Maps API, Google App Engine, and more. Learn how to use these APIs directly from the experts.
This event also gives you the opportunity to meet with other like-minded developers. During the course of the Hackathon you will form into teams and hack your way towards winning some cool swag and prizes.
It’s happening soon this Tuesday, June 16th, from 2.00pm to 10.30pm at the Administration Building at SMU. And best of all, it's FREE!
The agenda for the day is:
- 2:00 p.m - Registration opens
- 2:30 - 2:45 - Introduction / Housekeeping
- 2:45 - 3:15 - Geo and Social lightning talks
- 3:15 - 3:45 - Team forming
- 3:45 - Let the Hacking begin!
- Breakout sessions during hackathon
- Google App Engine - cron, Java runtime
- YouTube APIs
- 6:30 – Dinner and continue hacking
- 9:30 – Demos
- 10:00 - Wrap-up
Looking forward to seeing you there! Be sure to swing by and say hi to the folks from e27 and Google.